BEK is looking for a creative and competent producer in art and technology for a 60 % position. The producer will cooperate closely with BEK’s director and other team members to further develop BEK as one of Norway’s leading arenas for artistic practices and ideas at the intersection of technology and society. Areas of work include development and production of interdisciplinary art projects, planning and realising BEK´s learning programme and curating discursive events and series.
We are looking for a dedicated, knowledgeable, and ambitious colleague with a broad technical expertise in sound art and visual art. If you have rich and varied experience in developing and implementing complex, demanding projects within the field of art and technology, along with knowledge and understanding of contemporary art, you are the right colleague for our small, dynamic team.
Tasks and responsibilities:
– Initiate and produce artistic projects and learning programmes in collaboration with the director and relevant partners.
– Advise artists and organisations on questions in the field of art and technology.
– Plan and coordinate the development of BEK as a relevant workplace for artists, offering an updated equipment / software licence library.
– Work on applications and reports.
– Higher education (minimum BA) in aesthetic studies or cultural studies, and relevant work experience.
– Knowledge of sound, moving image, sensor technology and varied audiovisual techniques used in artistic works and processes, as well as exhibitions and other presentation formats.
– Competence in generative/real time software for sound and video, creative programming, interaction design and basic knowledge of electronics and computing.
– Broad knowledge of and experience in using equipment for recording, editing and playback of audio and video.
– Knowledge of and interest in current debates within the contemporary arts field nationally and internationally.
We can offer:
– A varied workday with meaningful and challenging tasks.
– An excellent work environment with great co-workers in an exciting field of work.
– Salary according to agreement.
Good insurance and pension agreements.
Deadline: 9 June 2022
Start date: as soon as possible
There is a requirement that our new producer lives in Bergen, Norway and is fluent in English, preferably also in Norwegian. Please send your application and CV to email@example.com. For further information, contact Maria Rusinovskaya at (00 47) 416 57 139 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
BEK – Bergen Centre for Electronic Arts – is an interdisciplinary production centre for art and new technology. BEK develops, produces and communicates projects in the intersection of contemporary art, technology, theory and social critique. BEK arranges workshops and courses for artists and offers advice and development support to artists and art organisations. Through its residency programme, BEK opens its studios and production facilities to over 40 local and international artists annually. BEK’s discursive programme explores theoretical and ethical aspects of technological development.
Featured image: Jenny Berger Myhre at Østre during the symposium “The Only Lasting Truth is Change”. Photo: Nayara Leite.