SCRIME bridge science and the arts, and is organised in collaboration between Université de Bordeaux, CNRS, Bordeaux INP, Ministry of Culture and Communication , the City of Bordeaux and the Aquitaine County. It is administered by the Bordeaux Laboratory for Computer Science and affiliated with the Image and Sound team .
SCRIME activities range from scientific research to artistic creation , and includes education , dissemination of contemporary music and pedagogy in schools and universities . It is primarily a meeting place for researchers, artists and teachers, where everyone can exchange their knowledge, skills and expertise.
SCRIME is supported by the General Directorate of Artistic Creation of the Ministry of Culture and Communication.
– introduction to the AETA 4MinX and SoundDevice 788T recorders, and to the SoundField microphone
– field recording in the park of the Haut-Carré (near the University)
– studio recording sessions (SCRIME – Maison d’Elise ?)
– first listenings of the recorded material in the octophonic studio
Wednesday (Hemicyclia) – 18/05
– Calibration of the ambisonic setup (loudspeakers placement, software mappings)
– Introduction to Reaper
– Introduction to the Ambisonic Toolkit for Reaper
Thursday (Hemicyclia) – 19/05
– commented listening of the recordings
– spatialization with the ATK plugins
6.30 pm – opening of the SCRIME’s Arts/Sciences Cycles – open to public
– global presentation on ambisonics (Trond Lossius & Sylvain Marchand) – 1/2 hour
– listening of some selected materials recorded & spatialized during the workshop – 1/2 hour
7.30 pm – cocktail