History of Electronic Music
The lecture will try to provide an overview of the history of electronic music, important composers, works, schools and artistic practices.
The discussion will be organized according to the following main topics:
- Early electronic instruments
- Recording, manipulation and distribution of sound
- How do we understand sound, music and the process of listening?
- Quantifying the musical material
- Musical practices changed
Several sound examples will be presented along the way.
The lecture is held by Trond Lossius.
comments powered by Disqus
Last updated 2011-04-28.