CFP – Interactive Music Notation and Representation Workshop
Workshop website: http://tiny.cc/7e8hex
Submission Deadline: May 16, 2014 (No extensions possible!)
Notification: May 30, 2014
Workshop date: June 30, 2014
Call for participation
Computer music tools for music notation have long been restricted to conventional approaches and dominated by a few systems, mainly oriented towards music engraving. During the last decade and driven by artistic and technological evolutions, new tools and new forms of music representation have emerged. The recent advent of systems like Bach, MaxScore or INScore (to cite just a few), clearly indicates that computer music notation tools have become mature enough to diverge from traditional approaches and to explore new domains and usages such as interactive and live notation.
The aim of the workshop is to gather artists, researchers and application developers, to compare the views and the needs inspired by contemporary practices, with a specific focus on interactive and live music, including representational forms emerging from live coding. Special consideration will be given to new instrumental forms emerging from the NIME community.
The workshop will be held in two parts:
- Overview of the notation history, tools, uses and problematics: Building a map of the different approaches, in interaction with invited participants and with the audience will be the main focus of this part. Online tools for mind mapping will be made available to allow remote participation.
- Practices and applications: This second part is intended to take advantage of the NIME context to involve, discover and question the notation issues related to new instruments, including also live coding perspectives. For this part, we are interested in artistic experiences as well as in technical approaches. Demonstrations will be welcome, whether based on tools or new instruments, including electronics.
You are invited to participate to this session about music notation, which will consist of both informal discussions and short presentations / demonstrations. If you would like to propose a presentation or a demonstration, send a one page abstract before May 16 to <email@example.com>. A 20 minute time slot will be allocated to each accepted proposal. Look at http://tiny.cc/u27hex for a proposal template.
All the ressources and contributions to the workshop will be published on the music notation web site http://notation.afim-asso.org .
- Dominique Fober – Grame – Lyon
- Jean Bresson – Ircam – Paris
- Pierre Couprie – IReMus, Université Paris-Sorbonne – Paris
- Yann Geslin – INA/GRM – Paris
- Richard Hoadley – Anglia Ruskin University – Cambridge
4-13th of April
23:00 to 02:00
Without Waiting For Her Reply continues Apichaya Wanthiang’s investigation into the themes of memory, experience, and the spatiotemporal conditions that define them. During a nocturnal exhibition, the visitor is guided through, and immersed in a narrative landscape, where isolated individuals relate to each other in a newly established continuum.
I samarbeid med Kulturbyrået Mesén / Rom for Kunst, presenterer Oslo Screen Festival filmen Evighetens Avkom av Anders Elsrud Hultgreen på Oslo S i april (videoskjermen ved rulletrappen ved taxiholdeplassen – inngang nord).
EVIGHETENS AVKOM (2013) er en skildring av to parallelle landskap – En skikkelses rundgang gjennom et landskap hinsides naturen: I et landskap liggende parallellt med det synlige.
Anders Elsrud Hultgreen er en filmskaper (f. 1986) som vokste opp på Ringerike. Han har studert ved Kunst- og Designhøgskolen i Bergen, The Rogue Film School, Emily Carr University of Art & Design og Nordland Kunst- og Filmfagskole.
Hans film Den Pyramidale Taushet (2012) fikk en hederlig omtale på Oslo Screen Festival 2014.
Evighetens avkom er et bestillingsverk fra BEK. Den blir også vist i Bergen på THE MA-DEGREE SHOW @ Bergen Kunsthall med åpning fredag 11. april.
Exhibition at Vaskerelven 8,
3. – 13. April 2014.
Opening on Thursday, 3. April, 5 -7 pm.
The involved artists met through the artistic research project Topographies of the Obsolete. Elements of the dialogue on Work Study are transferred from a former ceramic factory in England to the laboratory like situation of ROM8 in Bergen. Recording systems and notations from working processes formed the starting point for examining and acting out the absurdity of lost production and working community on site. The artists were dialogue partners in several periods throughout 2013 in Stoke-on-Trent, and bring together elements which individually have developed since for a continuing discours.
Work Study (Exercises in Creating a Short Circuit) – part 2
Sofie Knudsen Jansson
Weekdays 2 – 6 pm
Thursday 5 – 8 pm
Week ends 12 – 4 pm
Supported by KHIB and BEK
1. Signer oppropet: NEI TIL STENGING AV CORNERTEATERET!
2. Spre ordet!
3. Diskuter og kommenter!
4. Møt på Cornerteateret mandag 7. april kl. 18.30! (Aksjon for Cornerteateret!)